At Fox Point Farm we felt like we needed a new style of open show - an open show to help riders get to the next level! We want to provide you with a location, class list, competition, good judges and other competitors with high goals looking for a place to show their horses. Whether this is your ultimate show or you need to tune on your fancy hunt seater or pleasure horse before a World Show - we have the horse show for you! We have added Payback classes to help you win some money! We are also PAC approved (see below) and open to seeking approval from your organization - let us know. Watch our FPF Open Shows slide show!
Fox Point Farm Open Shows 2010/2011
Dec 4, Jan 8, Feb 5, Mar 12
www.foxpointfarm.com We have a huge website with tons of info and directions!
Charlotte Cannon at firstname.lastname@example.org or Tommy Robinson at 336-469-0676 cell
or call the Fox Point Farm Hotline at 803-802-3888 for more details.
Payback Classes, Affordable All-Day Entry Fee, Fun, Supportive Environment, Attire of your choice
Entry Fees:$8/class or $50/show unlimited; Practice Classes $5/ea and Payback Classes $12/ea not included in unlimited price
Classes start at 9:30am
1. English Practice Class - Entry fee $5 - no ribbons/schooling class
2. Walk Only
3. Beginner Walk-Trot Hunter Under Saddle
4. Beginner Walk-Trot English Pleasure
5. Beginner Walk-Trot Equitation - no pattern
6. Novice Rider Walk-Trot Hunter Under Saddle
7. Novice Rider Walk-Trot English Pleasure
8. Novice Rider Walk-Trot Equitation - simple pattern
9. English Walk-Trot Payback $12 entry fee - win $$$$$$$
10. Youth Walk-Trot Hunter Under Saddle
11. Youth Walk-Trot English Pleasure
12. Youth Walk-Trot Equitation - pattern
13. Amateur Walk-Trot Hunter Under Saddle
14. Amateur Walk-Trot English Pleasure
15. Amateur Walk-Trot Equitation - pattern
16. Open Walk-Trot Hunter Under Saddle
17. Open Walk-Trot English Pleasure
18. Novice Walk-Trot-Canter Hunter Under Saddle
19. Novice W-T-C English Pleasure
20. Novice W-T-C Equitation - simple pattern
21. English W-T-C Payback $12 entry fee - win $$$$$$$
22. Youth W-T-C Hunter Under Saddle
23. Youth W-T-C English Pleasure
24. Youth W-T-C Equitation - pattern
25. Amateur W-T-C Hunter Under Saddle
26. Amateur W-T-C English Pleasure
27. Amateur W-T-C Equitation - pattern
28. Open W-T-C Hunter Under Saddle
29. Open W-T-C English Pleasure
30. Beginner Hunter Hack - crossrails - railwork optional
31. Novice Hunter Hack - 2 foot jumps - railwork optional
32. Open Hunter Hack - 2'3"-2'6" jumps - railwork optional
33. Bareback Walk-Trot
34. Bareback Walk-Trot-Canter
35. Youth Barrel Racing English/Western
36. Open Barrel Racing
*********************** 30 Minute Break **************************
37. Western Halter
38. Western Showmanship
*********************** 10 Minute Break **************************
39. Western Practice Class - $5 Entry Fee
41. Novice Trail (English/Western) Walk-Trot only
42. Open Trail (English/Western)
43. Western Walk-Jog Payback - $12 Entry Fee - Win $$$$$$$$
44. Novice Western Walk-Jog
45. Youth Western Walk-Jog
46. Amateur Western Walk-Jog
47. Open Western Walk-Jog
48. Youth/Amateur Western Walk-Jog Horsemanship
49. Western Pleasure Payback - $12 Entry Fee - Win $$$$$$$$$
50. Novice Western Pleasure - W-J-L
51. Youth/Amateur Western Pleasure
52. Open Western Pleasure
53. Western Horsemanship W-J-L
You can earn points for the PAC, see the info below.....
|What is the Paint Alternative
Competition (PAC) program?
APHA approves more than 1,200 horse
shows and races, hosts trail rides, and produces a World Championship Show each year. But even with this diverse menu of activities, the
association doesn’t always have an approved or sponsored event in your hometown.
Your community probably offers plenty of competitive events for horses and riders, such as 4-H shows, team pennings, ropings, horse trials, and other activities that fall outside the category of “APHA-approved show.”
Even though APHA is not officially associated with these events, the association does want to recognize your efforts on your American Paint Horse. As a result, your accomplishments can be recorded on your registered horse’s official lifetime performance record through PAC.
A variety of competition
Keep in mind that for APHA to include the event in PAC, the competition must be sponsored by an association, organization or affiliate that has an established record-keeping, governing body, as well as a representative who will sign a verification form. Also, remember that this program is designed for events outside the approved show ring. You cannot earn PAC credits at APHA-approved shows or at any show approved by another breed registry.
Easy to enroll and report
You will receive your PAC card and several report forms two to three weeks after your application is processed. Once you receive your card, you are ready to start earning credits.
When you go to your next Paint Alternative Competition, have fun and do your best. When you place in the event, see the event secretary or manager and present them your PAC card and official report form.
Ask the official to inspect your enrollment card and your horse’s registration papers to verify your participation on a registered American Paint Horse. Next, ask the official to sign the report form, which tells APHA how you finished
You will then receive APHA credits based upon your placing and the number of horses you competed against, using the same formula the association uses to award points to exhibitors at APHA-approved shows. (Point tabulation is outlined in the current Official APHA Rule Book.)
For more information on PAC, email email@example.com or call (817) 834-2742, extension 249
©2008 American Paint Horse Association
P.O. Box 961023 • Fort Worth, Texas 76161-0023
(817) 834-APHA (2742) • Fax (817) 834-3152